Dane County New Teacher Project
Contact Shirley Smith to apply. Deadline is March 20.
Part Time 15-25 hours per week (50% FTE)
Location: Heritage Elementary School, 501 South St., Waunakee
Start Date: April 2, 2018
Starting salary range: ($22,000-25,000, depending on experience)
Health insurance coverage is not available for this position.
After a probationary period, the following benefits apply
- Three weeks paid time off in July
- Three weeks additional paid time off after November 1, at a mutually agreed-upon time
- Nine paid holidays
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Floating holiday
Job responsibilities estimated time spent
Event Management 35%
- Plan calendar with DCNTP Chair for 50+ training events in spring for next school year.
- Publish the next year’s calendar on website before the end of the current school year.
- Create pdf of calendar for print version.
- Update and change calendar throughout the year as needed.
- Keep consortium members apprised of calendar creation and changes.
- Book venues and catering for all events.
- Coordinate all event logistics to including copies, ordering food, arranging space, setting up equipment, ordering supplies, and clean up.
- Collaborate with DCNTP Chair on creating presenter and facilitator schedules for the year; communicate with presenters and facilitators.
Communications Management 30%
- Develop marketing materials and on-line registration forms for all events for consortium members (16 districts at this time).
- Communicate all training opportunities (primarily via email) to consortium members in targeted groups such as program leaders, mentors, principals, instructional coaches, etc.
- Communicate as necessary with each training event participant such as confirming registration, any required preparation, details of venue such as parking availability and room number, dietary requests, etc.
- Collaborate with event facilitator or presenter on producing and bringing print materials and any other supplies for the event, such as digital presentation file, participant packets and other handouts, name tags, roster, chart paper, table boxes, etc.
- Maintain DCNTP website with correct and timely information for events, special opportunities, biographies of presenters, contact information, resource materials, blog posts, etc.
- Invoice member districts for New Teacher Center workshop events; follow up if necessary until payment is received.
- In collaboration with DCNTP Chair, invoice member district superintendents in July for yearly consortium member cost.
- Direct DCNTP presenters and facilitators to access curriculum and other resources.
- Follow up if necessary with DCNTP presenters and facilitators to submit invoices for their services.
- Create an annual report outlining the events and accomplishments of the organization.
Fiscal Management 25%
- Track and manage the DCNTP budget on Excel spreadsheets
- Use the Waunakee financial software, Skyward, for all deposits, purchase orders and accounts payable including credit cards. Use Waunakee training resources to follow procedures which are very specifically defined
- Oversee DCNTP Shared Service Agreement with national partner the New Teacher Center
- Reconcile expenses twice annually to be sure budget is on track
- Oversee local consortium grant budgets, if any
- Report current expenses/revenue when requested
Other responsibilities 10%:
General Administrative Support
- Maintain mailing and contact lists
- Attend DCNTP District Council and Board Meetings, prepare minutes
- Purchase supplies and equipment
- Administrator for DCNTP website
- Enroll member districts in NTC online tools platform
Candidate must have strong skills in
Collaboration and open to learning with and from others
Attention to detail
Working autonomously with limited direction
- Microsoft Word – knowledge of mail and label merge, document creation and formatting experience
- Microsoft Excel – Basic accounting formulas, data sorting
- Google Drive –
- Create on-line registration forms
- Share curriculum documents, video, etc. with facilitators and presenters
- Share agendas, spreadsheets, etc. with consortium members
- Report financial accounting requirements with Waunakee school district
Desirable skills or learn as needed
- WordPress website administration
- Adobe InDesign or other graphic layout software – edit and create marketing materials
- Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing software – for website, other marketing
- Adobe Acrobat Professional – Presentations
- Email list services
- Experience with Skyward online student information system software a plus; learn financial component on the job.
- Experience and familiarity with Google and social media platforms
Education, Experience, Other Training
- Minimum of three years similar experience
- Previous experience working in a K-12 environment a plus
- Limited travel required (sometimes required to travel to workshops, meetings, seminars held in various locations within Dane County)
- Ability to load and unload equipment necessary for seminars and workshops
Contact Shirley Smith to apply