501 South St
Waunakee, WI 53597
This Professional Learning Series for Instructional Coaches focuses on rigorous curricula, social and emotional learning, research-based instructional practices, and diverse learning needs in order to develop coaches’ and teachers’ abilities to coach for and provide high-quality, equitable learning opportunities for every student. Coaches learn the critical knowledge, skills, and tools to initiate and maintain effective coaching relationships with teachers that result in instructional growth and improved student learning. Critical aspects include using multiple data points to assess practice and provide meaningful feedback.
The goal is to support teachers to create and sustain Optimal Learning Environments that result in equitable, standards-based learning opportunities for students that integrate their social, emotional, and academic development and learning needs.
*Registration deadline Feb 20, 2019
This eighth and final session of the year in the Instructional Coaching series will focus on the following content areas:
- Vision of Instructional Leadership
- Change Theory
- Navigating the System
- Changing Toward Equity
- “I am a Teacher Leader” Stories
- Analyzing Coaching Practice
- Action Plan for Change to Support Student Learning
- Determine effective coaching supports for creating Optimal Learning Envrionments
- Build collective efficacy through collaborative culture
- Develop knowledge and skills that support coach leadership and the use of systems thinking to advocate for equitable instruction and optimal learning conditions
- Analyze coach impact and set professional next steps
Tools & Processes Used
- Pre-Observation Conversation
- Selective Scripting
- Post-Observation Co-Analysis
- Analyzing Student Learning
This two-day training runs from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, at Heritage Elementary School, 501 South Street, Waunakee. It includes breakfast (7:30 to 8:00) and lunch.
Register here for Coaching as Leadership, March 6-7, 2019.
Registration deadline (Feb 20)
Workshop is $300 per person for DCNTP members; $275 per person for more than one attending from a district. That includes materials. We will invoice your district after the workshop. Please make checks payable to Waunakee Community Schools, and mail to Dan Eckhardt, DCNTP c/o Heritage Elementary School, 501 South Street, Waunakee, WI 53597
We do not accept credit cards. You will receive an invoice after the workshop.
Questions please contact Dan Eckhardt