501 South St
Waunakee, WI 53597
This Professional Learning Series for Instructional Coaches focuses on rigorous curricula, social and emotional learning, research-based instructional practices, and diverse learning needs in order to develop coaches’ and teachers’ abilities to coach for and provide high-quality, equitable learning opportunities for every student. Coaches learn the critical knowledge, skills, and tools to initiate and maintain effective coaching relationships with teachers that result in instructional growth and improved student learning. Critical aspects include using multiple data points to assess practice and provide meaningful feedback.
The goal is to support teachers to create and sustain Optimal Learning Environments that result in equitable, standards-based learning opportunities for students that integrate their social, emotional, and academic development and learning needs.
*Registration deadline Nov 2, 2018
This sixth session in the Instructional Coaching series will focus on the following content areas:
- Coaching for Action and Expression
- Coaching for Representation
- Coaching for Engagement and Productive Struggle
- Planning to Meet the Diverse Needs of Every Student
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Formative Asssessment
- Coaching for Learner Agency
- Connecting UDL and Optimal Learning Environments
- Develop understanding that providing multiple pathways to learning helps ensure access for every learner
- Apply Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles within the coaching cycle
- Maintain trusting, professional relationships while allowing for, promoting and modeling productive struggle
- Identify strategic entry pints to coach for student success within an Optimal Learning Environment
Tools & Processes Used
- Planning Conversation Guide
- Knowing Teachers
- Knowing Students
This two-day training runs from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, at Heritage Elementary School, 501 South Street, Waunakee. It includes breakfast (7:30 to 8:00) and lunch.
Register here for Coaching for Every Learner, Nov 14-15, 2018.
Registration deadline (Nov 2)
Workshop is $300 per person for DCNTP members; $275 per person for more than one attending from a district. That includes materials. We will invoice your district after the workshop. Please make checks payable to Waunakee Community Schools, and mail to Dan Eckhardt, DCNTP c/o Heritage Elementary School, 501 South Street, Waunakee, WI 53597
We do not accept credit cards. You will receive an invoice after the workshop.
Questions please contact Dan Eckhardt