5301 Monona Drive
Monona, WI 53716
This Professional Learning Series for Instructional Coaches focuses on rigorous curricula, social and emotional learning, research-based instructional practices, and diverse learning needs in order to develop coaches’ and teachers’ abilities to coach for and provide high-quality, equitable learning opportunities for every student. Coaches learn the critical knowledge, skills, and tools to initiate and maintain effective coaching relationships with teachers that result in instructional growth and improved student learning. Critical aspects include using multiple data points to assess practice and provide meaningful feedback.
The goal is to support teachers to create and sustain Optimal Learning Environments that result in equitable, standards-based learning opportunities for students that integrate their social, emotional, and academic development and learning needs.
*Registration deadline Nov 23, 2018
This third session in the Instructional Coaching series will focus on the following content areas:
- Setting the Stage for Classroom Observation
- Coaching for Collaborative Structures to Support Student Learning
- Supporting Instruction Through Observation and Feedback
- The Observation Cycle
- Facilitating Groups in the Observation Cycle
- Observation Across Content Areas
- Collaborating with Administrators
- Use tools and protocols associated with the Observation Cycle to support effective, standards-based instruction
- Explore the ways in which Optimal Learning Environments support both teacher and student growth
- Create evidence-based feedback to move teacher practice forward
- Deepen foundational coaching language skills to support coaching conversations that accelerate teacher practice and student learning
Tools & Processes Introduced
- Pre-Observation Conversation (POC)
- Selective Scripting (SS)
- Post Observation Co-Analysis (POCA)
This two-day training runs from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, at the Monona Grove School District Office, third floor, 5301 Monona Drive, Monona. It includes breakfast (7:30 to 8:00) and lunch.
Register here for Effective Instructional Coaching Cycles, Dec 5-6, 2018.
Registration deadline (Nov 23).
Workshop is $300 per person for DCNTP members; $275 per person for more than one attending from a district. That includes materials. We will invoice your district after the workshop. Please make checks payable to Waunakee Community Schools, and mail to Dan Eckhardt, DCNTP c/o Heritage Elementary School, 501 South Street, Waunakee, WI 53597
We do not accept credit cards. You will receive an invoice after the workshop.
Questions please contact Dan Eckhardt