5301 Monona Drive
Monona, WI 53716
(registration is due August 1, two weeks prior to workshop)
New mentors will learn to
- Employ the roles, language, and stances of effective instructional mentoring.
- Build collaborative, trusting relationships with and among beginning teachers.
- Use the Collaborative Assessment Log to assess and advance teaching practice.
- Use standards and criteria to anchor assessments about teaching and learning.
Content will advance and refresh mentors’ abilities to support beginning teacher development in the following essential areas:
- Creating a positive and productive learning environment.
- Planning and implementing standards based instruction.
- Using formative assessment and providing meaningful student feedback.
- Building and sustaining a “triad of support” and communication between the mentor, site administrator, and beginning teacher strategies that foster resilience, empathy, and compassion in teachers and students
The professional development also includes new videos and new opportunities to practice and process the information.
This two-day training runs from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, at the Monona Grove School District Office, third floor, 5301 Monona Drive, Monona. It includes breakfast (7:30 to 8:00) and lunch.
Register here for Instructional Mentoring August 15-16, 2017. Registration is due two weeks prior to workshop date (August 1).
Workshop is $295 per person for DCNTP members; $270 per person for more than one attending from a district. That includes materials. We will invoice your district after the workshop. Please make checks payable to Waunakee Community Schools, and mail to Shirley Smith, DCNTP c/o Waunakee Schools, 101 School Drive, Waunakee, WI 53597
We do not accept credit cards. You will receive an invoice after the workshop.
Contact: Shirley Smith