5301 Monona Drive Monona WI
This Workshop has been cancelled.
Join us to explore the roles of an Instructional Mentor and Instructional Coach and begin to practice skills for coaching new and experienced educators. Centering equity and student learning, participants will consider several approaches to meet the developmental needs of adult learners throughout their career. Participants will practice strategies for building coaching relationships and engaging in reflective conversation, understand the impact of coaching and mentoring on teacher performance and student success, and create some concrete next steps for their own practice as an educator.
- Participants will gain clarity about the roles of coaching and mentoring that impact student learning and consider their own identity development as it relates to the roles.
- Participants will understand and practice strategies for establishing coaching and mentoring relationships with colleagues, centering trust so that vulnerable conversations lead to student impact.
- Participants will engage with tools and strategies to support reflective practice that impacts student learning, preparing to apply this learning to their own practice.
Intended audience includes those who are:
- curious about the roles of Mentor or Coach
- new to the role of Mentor or Coach
- new to supervising Mentors or Coaches
Cost: $50 per participant also includes lunch.