1005 Quinn Dr
Waunakee, WI 53597
A highly skilled mentor is key to providing new teachers with a strong induction experience that will advance their instructional practice. In the Professional Learning Series (PLS) for Mentors, participants learn the critical knowledge, skills, and tools to initiate and maintain effective mentoring relationships with novice teaches that result in instructional growth. Mentors practice using multiple data points to asses practice and provide meaningful feedback to teachers. The goal is to support teachers to create and sustain Optimal Learning Environments in which the diverse needs of every learner are addressed with an unwavering attention to equity and continuous academic, social, and emotional growth.
*registration deadline Oct 25
This sixth session in the PLSi series will focus on the following content areas:
- Mentoring for Action and Expression
- Mentoring for Representation
- Mentoring for Engagement and Productive Struggle
- Planning to Meet the Needs of Diverse Learners
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Formative Assessment
- Mentoring for Learner Agency
- Connecting UDL and Optimal Learning Environments
- Develop learner agency and self-awareness by using strategic entry points
- Apply Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles within the coaching cycle to support teachers in meeting individual goals
- Maintain trusting, professional relationships while allowing for, promoting and modeling productive struggle
- Personalize mentoring strategies to maximize teacher progress in supporting student learning
Tools & Processes Used
- Planning Conversation Guide
- Knowing Teachers
- Knowing Students
This two-day training runs from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, at the Wisconsin Center for Music Education, 1005 Quinn Drive, Waunakee. It includes breakfast (7:30 to 8:00) and lunch.
Workshop is $300 per person for DCNTP members; $275 per person for more than one attending from a district. That includes materials. We will invoice your district after the workshop. Please make checks payable to Waunakee Community Schools, and mail to Dan Eckhardt, DCNTP c/o Heritage Elementary School, 501 South Street, Waunakee, WI 53597
We do not accept credit cards. You will receive an invoice after the workshop.
Contact: Dan Eckhardt