5301 Monona Drive
Monona, WI 53716
Register here (registration is due by October 4)
This workshop is the second in the series of foundation education for new (prerequisite: Instructional Mentoring) and experienced mentors.
New mentors will learn to:
- Reflect upon and discuss mentoring experiences since Instructional Mentoring.
- Extend and expand upon the use of instructional mentoring language.
- Use protocols and tools that support an effective observation cycle.
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with a site administrator for beginning teacher assessment and support.
Experienced mentors will:
- Advance skills in observation and feedback, with a reflecting protocol and practice focus on positive and productive environment, so necessary to support implementation of CCSS-based instruction.
- Take advantage of new videos and new opportunities to practice and process the information.
Formative Assessment System tools and protocols:
- Selective Scripting
- Pre-Observation Planning Conversation
- Post-Observation Reflecting Conversation
- Seating Chart
- Mentor/Site Administrator Communication Log
This two-day training runs from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, at the Monona Grove School District Office, 5301 Monona Drive. It includes breakfast (starting at 7:30) and lunch on site.
Register here for Observing and Conferencing, October 18-19, 2017. Registration is due two weeks prior to workshop date (October 4).
Workshop is $295 per person for DCNTP members; $270 per person for more than one attending from a district. Online materials and print field guide are included; print tool sets are an additional $20.
We will invoice your district after the workshop. Please make checks payable to Waunakee Community Schools, and mail to Shirley Smith, DCNTP c/o Waunakee Schools, 101 School Drive, Waunakee, WI 53597
We do not accept credit cards.
Contact: Shirley Smith