501 South Street Waunakee WI 53597
A highly skilled mentor is key to providing new teachers with a strong induction experience that will advance their instructional practice. In the Professional Learning Series (PLS) for Mentors, participants learn the critical knowledge, skills, and tools to initiate and maintain effective mentoring relationships with novice teaches that result in instructional growth. Mentors practice using multiple data points to asses practice and provide meaningful feedback to teachers. The goal is to support teachers to create and sustain Optimal Learning Environments in which the diverse needs of every learner are addressed with an unwavering attention to equity and continuous academic, social, and emotional growth.
*registration deadline Jan 15
This seventh session in the PLSi series will focus on the following content areas:
- Examining Data on Language Development
- Addressing Diverse Language Needs in the Classroom
- Application to Case Study: Examining the Data
- Application to Case Study: Observation
- Application to Case Study: Post-Observation Co-Analysis
- Analyzing Caseload of Practice
- Engaging in a Mentoring Conversation
- Develop capacity to use data to determine entry points in coaching conversations
- Apply the Oral Language Development framework within the coaching cycle to support teachers in meeting individual goals
- Maintain trusting, professional relationships while allowing for, promoting and modeling strategies to support the diverse language needs of all students
- Personalize mentoring strategies to maximize teacher progress in supporting student learning
Tools & Processes Used
- Pre-Observation Conversation
- Selective Scritping
- Post-Observation Co-Analysis
- Analyzing Student Learning
This two-day training runs from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, at the DCNTP Office inside Heritage Elementary School, 501 South Street, Waunakee. It includes breakfast (7:30 to 8:00) and lunch.
Workshop is $300 per person for DCNTP members; $275 per person for more than one attending from a district. That includes materials. We will invoice your district after the workshop. Please make checks payable to Waunakee Community Schools, and mail to Dan Eckhardt, DCNTP c/o Heritage Elementary School, 501 South Street, Waunakee, WI 53597
We do not accept credit cards. You will receive an invoice after the workshop.
Contact: Dan Eckhardt